I've gone to conference after conference to listen to speakers talk about how important company culture is to the growth and sustainability of an organization - but I haven't heard anyone really breakdown HOW to do it. Through years of experience working with long-term clients, I've figured out the "HOW":
- Benchmark Data: Administer Climate Surveys. Utilizing a 3rd Party might be best to ensure honest and anonymous responses.
- HR Audit: Find the flaws. An HR Audit will determine weak areas in compliance and employee management.
- HR Corrective Action Plan: Fix it. Once the audit is complete, a detailed corrective action plan is drafted with deadlines of when items should be resolved.
- Vendor Analysis: Cut Costs. Re-negotiate or obtain quotes from other companies for high-cost vendors such as payroll and timekeeping, workers compensation insurance, and other software utilities.
- Compensation Analysis: Pay Appropriately. Use market data against a position's duties and responsibilities to...